Saturday, February 26, 2011

Chicken Legs Got The Most Fats?!

          
            I often marveled at my mom's passion and care for a healthy life. Not that I did not suffer. All my family members did. But later on, I know we will be thankful to have an alert,health-care mother. We may not be strong or good-looking (count my brother out, he's got looks), but we were, and still are healthy, fit children. Exclude asthma, my siblings and I had suffered from it since our birth. So, back to business. I just had my dinner with my mom and dad and little sister, when my father suddenly asked my mother a question. "Do chicken legs contains a lot of fats?". 


             My mom scoffed at him and said,"How many times do I have to tell you that chicken legs is the part of chicken with the highest cholesterol level? I've told you a long time ago and asked you not to buy chicken legs too often." And she's right. I remembered her asking me,"Do you know why chicken legs contain the most fat? Strange isn't it, chickens often run about here and there and scratched something in the ground with their legs. How come the most fat are there? Shouldn't the fat wear away, as the chicken keep their legs busy?". My answer was only silence.


              Okay, here's solid fact. If you boil chicken meat, without the legs, you will find the fats are solid and easy to scoop up. Now try this. Boil some chicken legs (chicken legs only!) and see for yourself. What you will find floating in your pot is some sticky, jellyish stuff, and if you touch it, you'll know for certain those are the real fats the chicken carry, fats that threaten our life. Recently, my mom read a newspaper and come across an article with a quotation. And she quoted it to me. "You cannot choose your gene, but you can choose what you want to put into your mouth". Think about it. Health is more important that in what you relish. Sweet food proved to be unhealthy to our body, so eat a healthy diet, and live a healthy lifestyle.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More